Things you need :
- A LOT of motivation and good will :)
- A serviced bike
- A helmet
- 1 spare tube
- A sleeping bag (not to big if possible)
- Some clothes (short, t-shirt, rain-jacket for the day. Pants, t-shirt, hoodie for the evening. Light towel. Swimsuit)
- A backpack to carry your clothes & sleeping bag. Or better yet, a way to attach it to your bike rack - if you have one.
Things you don't necessarily need (but nice to have) :
- A tent (I have one, we just need 2 or 3 more - less than 2kg per tent). I'll carry all the tents.
- Bike panniers (I'll carry most of the stuff but you need to carry your own things)
- A mattress (not necessary in summer : the ground is comfy enough and you can use your rain-jacket for insulation)
Things I'll take care of :
- The route & logistic along the way
- Accommodation (finding camping spots - some legit with bathrooms & showers and some freedom camping)
- The food and cooking (taking into account your suggestions)
- Bike repair equipment/tools
- Answering all your travel/bike/camping related questions :)
Things we'll think about on the way :
- Places to visit
- Activities to do in the evening
- Meaning of life
How much it costs :On my last trip from Berlin to Copenhagen with a group of 6, we payed 120€ (900 DKK) each for 7 days.
We spent 4 days in Germany and yet it was still cheaper than our 3 days in Denmark.
As I understand, Sweden and Norway won't be any cheaper.
So my estimated budget for this trip is around 200€ (1 500 DKK) per person for 8 days.
This would excludes the ferries :
- ?€ Helsingør, Denmark to Helsingborg, Sweden
- ?€ Oslo, Norway, back to Copenhagen, Denmark (long & expensive!)
The idea is that we'll stop in supermarkets to buy stuff to make sandwiches for lunch and pasta/rice for dinners.
So food-wise, it should be relatively cheap. And then camping should be cheap as well - or even free if we do some freedom camping.
I'll pay for the expenses during the trip and we'll split it at the end to make it easier.
Edit : final budget after the trip : 100€ each for 8 days. We saved a lot of money with the freedom camping.