Things you need :
- A LOT of motivation and good will :)
- A bike
- A helmet
- 1 or 2 spare tubes
- A sleeping bag (not to big if possible)
- Some clothes (short, t-shirt, rain-jacket for the day. Pants, t-shirt, hoodie for the evening. Light towel. Swimsuit)
- A backpack to carry your clothes & sleeping bag. Or better yet, a way to attach it to your bike rack - if you have one.
Things you don't necessarily need (but nice to have) :
- A tent (I have one, we just need 2 or 3 more)
- Bike paniers (I'll carry most of the stuff and only ask one or 2 other persons to carry the rest)
Things I'll take care of :
- The route & logistic along the way
- Accommodation (finding legit camping spots - with bathrooms & showers)
- The food and "cooking"
- Bike repair equipment
- Answering all your travel/bike/camping related questions :)
Things we'll think about on the way :
- Places to visit
- Activities to do in the evening
- Meaning of life
One thing you should be aware of :- It's going to be hard !
Travelling every day - especially on a bike - is challenging.
The combination of physical fatigue, butt pain, homelessness and being at the mercy of the weather requires a whole lot of mental strength.
But trust me, it is a really rewarding experience.
I'll organise a get-together event before we go so we can get to know each other and you can ask all the questions I didn't answer here.
Looking forward to it !